[openib-general] Semantics of transport neutral connection establishment (was Re: [swg] Re: private data...)

Tom Tucker tom at ipperformance.com
Fri Oct 21 09:29:19 PDT 2005

Quoting Grant Grundler <iod00d at hp.com>:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:53:25AM -0500, Tom Tucker wrote:
>> BTW: I don't disagree that a CM client shouldn't need to be worried about
>> incoming requests from non-RDMA clients.
>
> my parser is tripping all over this one...did you mean:
> 	"I agree a CM client can ignore non-RDMA clients"?
> or
> 	"I agree a CM client should only get requests from RDMA clients"?

Specifically, it means that a CMA consumer over an iWARP transport will
not see
connect events until after MPA Start Key negotiation.

I don't know if this helped the parser or not...

Here's another try...practically speaking if a user does:

telnet <rdma_ip_addr> <rdma_port>

that an OpenIB app listening on <rdma_ip_addr> <rdma_port> won't see a connect
event unless the user is extremely adept at typing in MPA headers...