[openib-general] build libibverbs with --libdir parameter

Heiko J Schick schihei at de.ibm.com
Thu Oct 20 23:53:49 PDT 2005

Hello,

I've saw that libibverbs uses the --libdir configure parameter as default
path for all userspace driver libraries (e.g. mthca.so libehca.so, ...).

For the 64-bit version we must use --libdir /usr/local/lib64 to get
libibverbs installed in /usr/local/lib64 and not in /usr/local/lib.
I can't use --prefix.

When I now build a RPM and uses --libdir, libibverbs will get problems
because RPM will install the librarary into an own temporarily directory
(/var/tmp/usr/local/lib64).

The default library path is then /var/tmp/usr/local/lib64/infiniband.

Is there some way to change this behaviour? The only optin I can see is
to patch the DEFAULT_PATH define in init.c for RPM builds.

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
Heiko Joerg Schick

Heiko J Schick
I/O Firmware Development II
Linux InfiniBand Device Drivers

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH     external:    49-07031-16-0 x4219
Schoenaicher Str. 220                t/l:         120-4129
71032 Boeblingen                     email:       schickhj at de.ibm.com