[openib-general] TCP/IP connection service over IB

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Oct 21 12:34:28 PDT 2005

Sean Hefty wrote:
> version(8) | reserved(8) | src port (16)
> src ip (16)
> dst ip (16)
> user private data (56)        /* for version 1 */

Random thought... if the src and dst IP addresses will always be on the same
network, the data could be layed out as:

network addr (x)
src host addr (y)
dst host addr (y)

This could save enough space to provide 64 bytes of user private data.  Although
my preference would be to keep it simpler.  (I'm not that familiar with IPv6
addressing.  How does it define network versus host addressing?)