[openib-general] build libibverbs with --libdir parameter

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Fri Oct 21 13:04:53 PDT 2005

    Heiko> Is there some way to change this behaviour? The only optin
    Heiko> I can see is to patch the DEFAULT_PATH define in init.c for
    Heiko> RPM builds.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having.  When I build
libibverbs RPMs for x86_64 (using the spec file in the libibverbs
tarball and building under Fedora Core 4), I get the following:

     $ rpm -ql libibverbs
     /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1
     /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1.0.0
     /usr/share/doc/libibverbs-1.0
     /usr/share/doc/libibverbs-1.0/AUTHORS
     /usr/share/doc/libibverbs-1.0/COPYING
     /usr/share/doc/libibverbs-1.0/ChangeLog
     /usr/share/doc/libibverbs-1.0/README

    $ rpm -ql libmthca
    /usr/lib64/infiniband/mthca.so
    /usr/share/doc/libmthca-1.0
    /usr/share/doc/libmthca-1.0/AUTHORS
    /usr/share/doc/libmthca-1.0/COPYING
    /usr/share/doc/libmthca-1.0/ChangeLog
    /usr/share/doc/libmthca-1.0/README

and everything works fine.  The libibverbs search path is
/usr/lib64/infiniband as it should be.

Apparently rpmbuild is passing the correct configure and install
options to make lib64 work fine.

Can you be more specific about the problems you see?

Thanks,
  Roland