[openib-general] iSER details

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Oct 24 03:31:04 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 06:09, Mohit Katiyar, Noida wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where can I find the specifications of iSER
> protocol on Infiniband. I could not find any document which provides
> specification specially according to Infiniband, all the doc were on
> iWarp. If anyone can guide me in this

There are 2 relevant I-Ds:

iSCSI Extensions for RDMA Specification
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iser-05.txt

and

Generalization of iSER for InfiniBand and other Network Protocols
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hufferd-iser-ib-01.txt

At the last IETF IPS WG meeting in Paris, the sense of the meeting was:

        Sense of room: Want to proceed towards applying these changes
        (after careful review and WG rough consensus) to the approved
        iSER draft so that there is one draft that is broadly applicable
        rather than the current iSER draft plus a draft that modifies
        that draft to broaden it.

so these changes for IB will be folded into an upcoming version of the
iSER I-D.