[openib-general] iSER details

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Mon Oct 24 09:17:04 PDT 2005

As Hal indicate the iSER-05 IETF draft already incorporates InfiniBand,
and already passed last call status.
There aren't many differenced between IB and iWarp, IBTA is also working
on the IP address mapping over InfiniBand that will be leveraged by
iSER/IB and NFS/RDMA, and few other clarifications/issues.

Note one key difference in the IETF draft is that IB negotiate the Login
over the RC connection, where in iWarp its over a TCP connection (and
than transition to RDMA RC).

Some more detailed material can be found on
http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/satran/ips/iSER-in-an-IB-network-V9.pdf
It's a little old but many sections are still relevant

Yaron