[openib-general] [RFC] OpenSM Interactive Console

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Oct 24 04:25:49 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 03:08, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> I would suggest to use SNMP for the tasks below. IETF IPoIB group has
> defined an SNMP MIB that can support the required functionality below.

The IETF SNMP MIBs are one way of presenting the information to the
outside world. There are other possible management interfaces. The SNMP
MIB instrumentation would need to use lower layer APIs to get this
information out of the SM.

> Everything but the dynamic partitioning (OpenSM does not have
> partition manager to this moment)

What Troy meant by partitioning is not necessarily IB partitioning.

> and forwarding of Performance
> Monitoring traps (which are generated by the PM) can be done through
> osmsh or through SA client today.

What PerfMgr are you referring to ?

-- Hal