[openib-general] RE: [dat-discussions] round 2 - proposal forsocket based connection model

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Wed Oct 26 09:21:00 PDT 2005

Arkady, I agree with Sean you can encode the Dest Port in the ServiceID
And if you really want to verify its using that format you can look at
the upper 48 bits in the serviceID.

We may need to distinguish between Explicit RDMA protocols (iSER,
NFS-RDMA, RDP, etc') and Implicit RDMA (SDP, where the Socket
application doesn't know it is using RDMA), this can be done in 3 ways:
a. port mapper, b. different ServiceID prefix, or c. a bit in the CM REQ
Header.

Also I'm not sure why we need the Protocol (UDP, TCP, SCTP, ..) since we
emulate RDMA we shouldn't care if its TCP or SCTP, and UDP is
unconnected and cant drive RDMA anyway

Yaron