[openib-general] Re: ibv_get_async_event

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Tue Sep 6 09:54:24 PDT 2005

    Sean> Does the problem go away if we require users to poll for all
    Sean> CQ events after destroying a QP, but before destroying a CQ?

I don't see how an app could do this.  It doesn't know how many CQ
events it needs to retrieve, and there could be arbitrarily many
events from other CQs to retrieve first.

However, this is essentially the same as Michael's scheme, which I
implemented.  The app destroys the CQ and then retrieves events until
it gets the "dead CQ" event.

 - R.