[openib-general] RFC: ib_set_comp_handler

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Sep 11 13:31:42 PDT 2005

Hi!
I'd like to add a capability to change the cq completion handler.

It seems this cant be done in the ULP without introducing additional
indirection and/or locking, which I'd like to avoid.
I'd use it in sdp to disable cq events while a connection is destroyed.
It also seems like ipoib could use such a capability, simply blocking
completion events instead of waiting for 5 seconds in ipoib_ib_dev_stop.
I expect this to be useful in other scenarious (IPoIB NAPI?).

If this makes sense, I'll code up a patch.
Opinions?

Thanks,

--
MST