[openib-general] Re: dapl_ep_connect problems

Aniruddha Bohra bohra at cs.rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 12 10:50:49 PDT 2005

Arlin Davis wrote:

> Aniruddha Bohra wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>    I tried connecting 2 endpoints using the new uDAPL library.
>> The connection fails with an invalid route option.
>> Attached is the log with DAT_DBG_TYPE=0xffff and DAPL_DBG_TYPE=0xffff.
>> I traced the call to ib_at_route_by_ip(),
>> It seems like all the arguments (dst_ip, src_ip, r_qual..) are 0x00.
>>
>> I have also attached my dat.conf, lsmod, /etc/ibhosts, and /etc/hosts.
>>
>> Could you please direct me where to look?
>

> Looks like your configuration is ok.
>
> The debug message prints the dest GID on return which is a little
> misleading since the route information is not updated until the async
> callback fires. I will change this to print the src and dst ip addresses.
>
> What address are you using for dap_ep_connect? The src_ip address will
> be set to 10.10.10.12 which was retrieved from the hca_open and the
> dst_ip address is taken from your (struct sockaddr_in *)
> remote_ia_address provided with your dat_ep_connect call.  Did you
> ifconfig the IPoIB devices on both sides?  Can you ping using the
> IPoIB addresses?

My server is a netapp filer. I attached the IP address to the interface,
10.10.10.11 but the ping fails..

Also, with the correct IP address, I can now post a connect request, but
it never gets
back with a response (other than timeout). Unfortunately I do not
control the server,
so I have no way of confirming if it is sent out.

I am now trying against an identical OpenIB instance. I will let you
know the result.

Thanks
Aniruddha