[openib-general] Location of OpenIB Windows repository

Bill Boas boas1 at llnl.gov
Tue Sep 13 11:36:44 PDT 2005

All,

To set the record straight the discussion about the location of the
repository was based around locating it in such a way that no perception of
"mix" of IP between Linux and Windows stacks could be alleged based upon
the repositories being on the same server or at the same site.

Therefore as the Linux repository is at Sandia and neither Livermore nor
Los Alamos offered to host the Windows repository an alternative was sought
and Cornell selected.

One can challenge the validity of this thinking but thats what happened in
my recollection.

Bill.