[openib-general] problems on device/ports initialization

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Wed Sep 21 15:05:39 PDT 2005

    Shirley> We saw an error on Galaxy adapter while ib_mad fails to
    Shirley> create QP1 for the second port, then the first port
    Shirley> becomes useless.

Actually this ties into some suspicious code I noticed while reading
the ehca driver.  Why do you fail the creation of QP1 just because
your port is not active yet?  It should be OK to create QP0 and QP1
before a port is up.

How does Galaxy handle it if someone creates QP1 and then the port
later goes down?

 - R.