[openib-general] Another opensm bug ?

Viswanath Krishnamurthy viswa.krish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:20:18 PDT 2005

I ran into another opensm bug which caused opensm to stop functioning. This
happened only once.

Here is the test case

1. Run opensm on Machine A
2. Run the following script on M/c B
a. Check ibstatus
b. Ping machine A
c. Run osmtest
d. reboot

The test case is to make sure opensm configures the machine correcty.
Out of 850 iterations, I saw this error once. The opensm started receiving
Sbnet trap continiously. 9I did not see any message in the log to prevent
DOS attacks)
The Trap has the same transacation id (0x224 in this case). opensm mad
receive thread
was getting called continously called.

Initially I suspected the situation which Eitan described.. (Bad hardware
causing traps etc).
But when I stoppped and restarted opensm, the problem went away. Log
attached off-list.

-Viswa