[openib-general] Re: Loading kdapl on 2.6.11.6

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Mon Sep 26 11:53:33 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 01:13:10PM -0400, James Lentini wrote:
> > kdapl_ib: disagrees about version of symbol dat_registry_add_provider
> > kdapl_ib: Unknown symbol dat_registry_add_provider
> >
> > I've rebuilt the kdapl, kdapl_ib, and dat modules and rebooted but this
> > still occurs. Any idea what's wrong ? Thanks.
>
> What is the lsmod output before you modprobe kdapl_ib? If there is an
> old module being autmatically loaded that defines
> dat_registry_remove_provider, etc. this would be the type of error I
> would expect.

yes, I'm seeing something similar caused by ib_sdp (SVN 3485):
ota:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ib_sdp                296816  59
ib_cm                  92936  1 ib_sdp
ib_sa                  26212  1 ib_sdp
ib_mad                 89328  2 ib_cm,ib_sa
ib_core                92200  4 ib_sdp,ib_cm,ib_sa,ib_mad

I'll reboot to SVN 3547 and see if it's something obviously
wrong with the reference counting.

thanks,
grant