[openib-general] EEH: MMIO Failure on Power5

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 26 16:39:53 PDT 2005

Tried to find out the "default superslotes" for an OpenPower 720. Please
try either slot 2 or 5.  I delayed my response to make certain that these
were indeed the superslots. I am still not a 100% certain -no point waiting
beyond a certain stage.

If you can please go ahead and try these and let us see what happens. Also
can you provide the output of "lspci -v" before you load the ib_mthca?

The firmware I was referring to was the OpenPower firmware, not that of the
HCA.

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com

             Thaddeus Ternes
             <tternes at gmail.co
                                       Pradeep
             09/23/2005 11:23          Satyanarayana/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS
                                       openib-general at openib.org, Roland
                                       Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com>
              Thaddeus Ternes          Re: [openib-general] EEH: MMIO
                                       Failure on Power5

I've tried a few things, but still seem to get the same error.  My
testing has been on 2.6.13.1, with SVN IB code (as of Monday).  The
ib_mthca module reports my HCA FW version to be 3.2.0 (which is
admittedly old).  Updating this old firmware will likely be my next
step.

Originally, I had installed the card in slot 1.  I've since poked
around in a PDF file I found on IBM's site and concluded that I should
have installed the card in slot 3, though I'm still not overly
confident about that.  I/O Adapter Large Capacity is also now enabled
(it wasn't previously, and changing it while the card was in slot 1
didn't seem to affect anything).

Is somebody aware of a clear way to identify which of the slots in the
720 are "superslots," as I've had no luck so far in my hunt in the
documentation.  Most likely, I've mistakenly skipped over it.

Thanks.

Thaddeus