[openib-general] EEH: MMIO Failure on Power5

Thaddeus Ternes tternes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:40:47 PDT 2005

Well, I moved the card to slot 5 and things seem to be working...

I have another Power5 and Mellanox card available, so I decided to
retest with them to see what the solution was.  I dropped the card
into slot 5 on the second Power 5, and it came right up, even without
the firmware upgrade (though the module did inform me that I had old
firmware).  Apparently it was just an issue with the card not being
right slot.

Is there some place that this is documented and I've just missed it?
Some folks that I work with (who are more familiar with the Power
series than I am) didn't seem to know much about it either.
Thankfully, you knew about it, Pradeep.  Still... it might be nice if
this was a little more obvious.

Thanks for helping track this down.

Thaddeus