[openib-general] IPoIB configuration

Thomas Moschny moschny at ipd.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 29 11:00:52 PDT 2005

Hi,

Do I have to do something special in order to configure IPoverIB besides
from loading the ib_ipoib kernel module (and it's dependencies), and calling
ifconfig ib0 <ip> up?

On our machines, the modules load fine, opensm runs, ports are in active
state, no error messages from ifconfig. However, there seems not to be any
communication over ib0. Ping'ing other machines does not work, for example.

The system log shows "ib0: no IPv6 routers present" (harmless?) and "divert:
not allocating divert_blk for non-ethernet device ib0".

Am I missing anything?

We are using RHEL4 on IA64, kernel 2.6.9-11.EL with the backport-to-2.6.9
patches v3513 applied.

- Thomas