[openib-general] [RFC] IB address translation using ARP

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Sep 29 11:38:30 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>If we restrict IB to a single subnet, do we need to worry about IP routing?  My
>>assumption was no.  Is this an invalid assumption?
>
> I think so. There is nothing that precludes having multiple IPoIB
> subnets on the same IB subnet.

This seems similar to having multiple IP subnets on the same Ethernet subnet.

I'm struggling with understanding how translation can even occur in this case.
What DGID is used when querying for the path record, and how is it obtained?  If
this is a valid configuration, then it seems that we're still without a solution.

What does SDP do in this case?