[openib-general] Re: netdev reference counting problem with ib_at

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 30 11:28:43 PDT 2005

I have been following this and the other thread on CMA. There appears to be
some opinions to removing the ib_at module and introduce CMA.
Is that correct?

True, CMA will need some form of address translation. Can we not use some
incarnation of ib_at for that? I realize that ib_at has a net_device
refcnt problem. Is this refcnt problem a usage issue rather than just a bug
in the implementation? How would CMA solve the refcnt issue?
What am I missing?

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com