[openib-general] the cma is not in the for-2.6.18 branch of the git tree

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Apr 5 01:42:27 PDT 2006

Roland,

>From the 2.6.17 related discussion I understand that the kernel portion of the cma is ready for upstream.

As part of the work to push iser for 2.6.18 I am going to send RFC on it to linux-scsi (and ofcourse resend RFC to open-ib). To have the people who review it in linux-scsi being able to compile iser, they would need rdma_cm.h and the associated changes in whatever (eg ib_cm.h) under include/rdma.

I see now that there's also rdma_cm branch at the git tree, but i was thinking that if you agree that the kernel cma is ready for upstream, it makes sense to me that the for-2.6.18 branch would have it.

Or.