[openib-general] RC2 delayed a bit

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Apr 5 11:06:40 PDT 2006

    Sean> So, we went from having no openib release to now having two?
    Sean> That's confusing.

I think the right way to think about it is that we have one
OpenFabrics release, namely the 1.0 release managed by Bryan, and one
distribution (so far) of that release plus other components (MPI,
kernel modules, etc).  I'm not sure whether it makes sense to have
that distribution produced by an OpenFabrics working group, but that's
where it stands right now.

The initial mistake was probably to think that the OF1.0 release would
be something targeted at end users.  It would be much better to do as
nearly all other free software projects do and produce a release
targeted at distributors, and let distributors get it to end users.

 - R.