[openib-general] RC2 delayed a bit

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Apr 5 11:44:16 PDT 2006

Roland wrote,
>The initial mistake was probably to think that the OF1.0 release would
>be something targeted at end users.  It would be much better to do as
>nearly all other free software projects do and produce a release
>

> - R.

I agree. OF1.0 should probably target distros, rather than end users.

I think that part of the problem is that people want to use the code now
and don't want to wait for the distros to pick it up. Problem is that
openib/openfabrics does not have the infrastructure and
resources to support every end user in the world.
This is what the distros do for a living. I know that it is
taking a lot of my cycles trying to help people get the code installed an
running
and it will only get worse as more newbie's want to use it.

woody