[openib-general] amso1100 testing with OpenIB

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Apr 7 07:18:41 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 01:36 -0400, Karthikeyan Vaidyanathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for pointing me to the latest firmware/boot loader.
>
> After I uninstalled the Ammasso Software, I was able to succesfully update
> and load the firmware and also the module. It worked fine on one machine
> but on another machine, when I try to bring the eth2 interface up, the
> machine hangs. However, I dont see any problem with iw2 interface.
>
> I was also able to do krping test successfully between these two machines
> using the iw2 ip address.

If you have the kdb patch, you might hit the debugger and see what's up
with the hang.  I haven't seen this, but we haven't done much testing
with the legacy interface.  Are you bringing up eth2 and iw2 with
different addresses/subnets?

> It is very likely that if I set this up on another node, everything might
> run smoothly but I was wondering if I was doing something wrong here.
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Also, Will there be a userspace support for the Ammasso driver soon?

Its on our list.  It should be fairly easy to do a user mode library
that doesn't do kernel bypass.  We're looking for volunteers to
help!  :-)