[openib-general] Location for iser-target code

Dan Bar Dov bardov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 01:22:41 PDT 2006

On 4/10/06, FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> From: "Dan Bar Dov" <bardov at gmail.com>
> Subject: [openib-general] Location for iser-target code
> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:45:54 +0200
>
> > We are starting to work on open-source iser-target code.
> > I want to create a directory for it in the SVN.
> > There are several options I can think of:
>
> Any chance that you could implement it as a target driver for scsi
> tgt?

Our initial intention was to develop it for the IET iscsi target.

I don't really understand what the scsi-tgt is. From the link I see
it does not have an iscsi target yet.

An iser-target is actually a transport only - it does not implement iscsi,
but provides it with an API for doing the networking portion. If the idea
behind scsi-tgt is to define various APIs, then I don't see any reason for  not
implementing the iser-target to conform, assuming actual iscsi-target e.g. IET,
will use this framework.

I'd be glad if you can educate me more on the scsi-tgt, the page you linked is
pretty skimpy.

Dan