[openib-general] Location for iser-target code

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Apr 10 01:45:47 PDT 2006

From: "Dan Bar Dov" <bardov at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [openib-general] Location for iser-target code
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:22:41 +0200

> On 4/10/06, FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> > From: "Dan Bar Dov" <bardov at gmail.com>
> > Subject: [openib-general] Location for iser-target code
> > Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:45:54 +0200
> >
> > > We are starting to work on open-source iser-target code.
> > > I want to create a directory for it in the SVN.
> > > There are several options I can think of:
> >
> > Any chance that you could implement it as a target driver for scsi
> > tgt?
>
> Our initial intention was to develop it for the IET iscsi target.
>
> I don't really understand what the scsi-tgt is. From the link I see
> it does not have an iscsi target yet.

The OLS abstract may be more informative.

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2006/view_abstract.php?content_key=19

In short, tgt is the framework for SCSI target drivers. The
combination of tgt and the iSCSI target driver for NIC provides the
similar features that IET does.

We don't have the iSCSI target driver yet. Now we are working mainly
on FCP and SRP. However, we will resume working on it.