[openib-general] SDP Memory management

Dror Goldenberg gdror at mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 10 13:14:39 PDT 2006

>From: Devesh Sharma
>Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 4:48 PM
>
>a) What is the concept of FMR?

Fast memory registration. It is an optimization of the HCA to perform
registration faster than regular memory region.

>b) In absence of FMR support what is the buffer management scheme for
Z-Copy?
>Will SDP work without FMR?

I think that the easiest way out is to implement FMR in the HCA provider
using regular MRs. SDP strongly assumes FMR support in today's
implementation. Haven't looked deeply into it, but I think that ehca has
done this.

>c) How page locking and virtual to physical address conversion is done
for Z-
>Copy buffers?

Take a look at sdp_iocb.c