[openib-general] iser upstream: further reviews and process towards 2.6.18

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sun Apr 16 05:44:35 PDT 2006

Hi Roland,

Over the last two weeks we have posted another RFC on the iser code, to
both
openib and linux scsi. Upto now no new comments were made other then
those
provided (and fixed) by Christoph Hellwig on the first RFC we posted to
openib.

Do you find it need/appropriate to post another RFC, this time to LKML?

Also (and related to both reviewes and upstream) iser is dependent on
two change
sets for 2.6.18: first, the cma and second, the bunch of 2.6.18 iscsi
updates (it is six
patches from which iser directly is dependent on two, but we prefer to
treat all the six
as needed for iser to compile/work).

The six iscsi patches were pushed to linux-scsi but are not yet in the
scsi-misc git
tree, they can also be found under
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/patches/2.6.17
it is the 01 to 06 sequence.

As for the upstream process, i guess each of you and James would need to
do git pull from
the other one into the scsi-misc (2.6.18 rdma updates) and the
infiniband (2.6.18 scsi updates)
so iser can be compiled with both trees, or at least with your tree.

Please let me know what do you think.

thanks,

Or.