[openib-general] Re: iser upstream: further reviews and process towards 2.6.18

Dan Bar Dov bardov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 09:14:32 PDT 2006

On 4/17/06, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:

> This is typically not the way things are done.  The simplest way would
> be to wait for the CMA and the iSCSI patches are all merged by Linus,
> which should be right after 2.6.18 opens (assuming the iSCSI patches
> make it to scsi-misc in time).  Then either James or I could merge the
> iSER changes on top of what's already in Linus's tree.

James has already merged the iSCSI patches into his git tree.
We are now waiting for him to merge the last ISER related patch that we
sent linux-scsi.

> It's up to you whether you think it's more appropriate to merge iSER
> through James's tree or my tree.  In any case, the best way to proceed
> would be to post a final set of patches sent To: the maintainer you
> want to go through, Cc:ed to linux-kernel, linux-scsi and
> openib-general.
>
> If you send it to me, I will put it into an iser branch in my git repo
> and merge it onto for-2.6.18 after the iSCSI patches are merged by Linus.
> I assume James would handle it the same way (although he would wait
> for the CMA patches).

We think its more appropriate to push ISER through you and openIB.
To do so we'll need a single git tree that has open-iscsi, cma and iser.
This is why we ask you to update your git tree with James's iscsi-related
updates - your tree will have both the CMA, and iscsi, and then iser will build
against it.

Dan