[openib-general] Announcing the OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Apr 17 15:13:23 PDT 2006

Hi Tziporet,

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 11:01, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Hi Hal,
> I was on Passover vacation so the reply was a little delayed.
> Hope it still useful.

Thanks.

> Tziporet
>
> >> Q: Is OFED development happening in the open?
> > How can that be ? The 1.0 branch contains no kernel code. Where is the
> > OFED kernel code kept ?
> >
> We take it from git that is targeted for next kernel release.

Where is this tree ? Also, what about backports ? Are they part of OFED
as well ?

> > So there will never be a bug fixed on the 1.0 branch being merged back
> > to the trunk ? For various components, the trunk has diverged and is
> > ahead of the 1.0 branch.
> >

> We will create the needed fix for the branch in case the truck is
> changed a lot.

So there may be cases of merging fixes from 1.0 back to the trunk (which
differs from what was written).

> > Can someone explain the OFED location layout in the OF svn tree ?
> >
> Look under 1.0 branch for the ibed directory (ibed was the first name of
> this release and we will need to change the directory name).
> If things are not clear there please ask and we will provide more data.

I see no such directory under 1.0. Can you provide more details ?

> > How do discrepancies in the accepted patches between OF and OFED get
> > resolved ?
> >

> We have fixes directory for patches that are critical for OFED and are
> not yet accepted in the trunk.
> The install script apply all patches when creating the RPMs. (this is
> also correct for back-port patches)
> Once a fix makes it to the trunk we take it from there.

Is the process the same for userspace ?