[openib-general] [RFC] remove kernel drivers from svn

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Apr 20 10:00:09 PDT 2006

Roland wrote,

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/patch-2.6.17-rc2-git2.bz2
>or if they're very brave pull my for-2.6.18 or for-mm tree.  Otherwise
>we end up wasting their testing attention on something different from
>the upstream kernel.

> - R.

Having a local "open" repository (git or SVN) for code under development
before it is pushed upstream seems like is still needed, iSer, SDP, etc.

Without this, people will not have access to anything that is under
development
till it is in Linus's tree. Development behind closed doors is not good and
will prevent early adopters from providing testing and feedback of new
components under development.

I think that the working openib database (SVN or git) must be in the open.
openib bylaws might even require it.

Again, I do not have a problem with moving everything from SVN to git
as long as the git tree is available in the open and not kept in some
private repository.

woody