[openib-general] [RFC] remove kernel drivers from svn

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Thu Apr 20 11:06:50 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 13:39 -0400, James Lentini wrote:

> >  - Several groups are already using their own separate repositories

> I'm surprised. I didn't know that this was the case.
>
> Why are they using private repositories?

I can't speak for other driver authors, but we started working on our
drivers long before OpenFabrics was a gleam in any consortium member's
eye.  Between that historical fact and the unsuitability of Subversion
for serious development, the die was cast.

> Will moving to your git tree change this?

Realistically, no.  We still need to vet patches, cherrypick them, and
tidy them up before we send them along to Roland, and I suspect that
other driver authors are in a similar position.

	<b