[openib-general] [RFC] remove kernel drivers from svn

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Apr 20 11:18:48 PDT 2006

James Lentini wrote:
> Roland is proposing moving the repository location (from
> OpenFabrics.org to kernel.org) and changing the version control tool.
>
> Are you also in favor of doing both or just changing the version
> control tool to git.

I would like to see the version control tool changed to git.  Moving the
repository to kernel.org may be easier for the labs.

> I'm indifferent with regards to the version control tool, but I would
> like to see the repository remain unified. As a developer of both a
> userspace library and kernel ULP, I find it very convenient to be able
> to pull all the code from one place.

For myself, I usually pull the kernel code and userspace code from svn
separately, but only because I update my kernel code more frequently than my
userspace snapshot.  I would like to have an easy way to pull all userspace code
and use the same version control tool, but I'm indifferent about having a
unified kernel and userspace repository.