[openib-general] Re: RFC: cma: need rdma_unbind

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Apr 24 14:36:35 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> No, I don't want to disconnect yet - I am in the process of graceful
> shutdown, I want to continue sending data.

It sounds like the problem is that both SDP and the CMA are trying to provide
sockets-like behavior, which leads to this issue.  SDP needs to release the
port, but still wants to keep the connection active.  This requires the CMA to
do something different from sockets in order for SDP to maintain a sockets-like
interface.  Does this sound like a correct interpretation of the issue?

This sounds like an SDP over CMA specific issue, correct?  Meaning that an
rdma_unbind call is only needed by SDP?