[openib-general] Re: RFC: cma: need rdma_unbind

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 24 14:46:45 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com>:
> This sounds like an SDP over CMA specific issue, correct?  Meaning that an
> rdma_unbind call is only needed by SDP?

Hmm. As I see it, keeping the QP alive for a given timeout after user requested
close is a simple way to implement graceful close, not limited to sockets.
On the other hand, we need to free the port immediately.

So its easy for me to imagine another kernel ULP (besides SDP) wanting this.
No idea whether it might be useful for userspace as well.

--
MST