[openib-general] making sense of dapl (and dat.conf)

Troy Benjegerdes troy at scl.ameslab.gov
Tue Aug 1 13:48:06 PDT 2006

So, let's suppose I build ibverbs, libecha/libmthca, and dapl from
subversion trunk.. what should my /etc/dat.conf file look like so things
actually work?

Right now I have:

OpenIB-cma-ip u1.2 nonthreadsafe default /usr/local/lib/libdaplcma.so
mv_dapl.1.2 "10.40.4.56 0" ""
OpenIB-cma-ip u1.2 nonthreadsafe default /usr/local/lib/libdaplcma.so
mv_dapl.1.2 "10.40.4.54 0" ""
OpenIB-cma-name u1.2 nonthreadsafe default /usr/local/lib/libdaplcma.so
mv_dapl.1.2 "p5l6.ib 0" ""
OpenIB-cma-name u1.2 nonthreadsafe default /usr/local/lib/libdaplcma.so
mv_dapl.1.2 "p5l4.ib 0" ""
OpenIB-cma-netdev u1.2 nonthreadsafe default
/usr/local/lib/libdaplcma.so mv_dapl.1.2 "ib0 0" ""

Is there any way I can avoid having to have a different config file for
each machine? Is this documented anywhere what all these fields actually
mean in a way that makes sense to those of us who haven't read the DAT
specification, or are familiar with ibverbs?