[openib-general] RDMA_CM_EVENT_UNREACHABLE(-ETIMEDOUT)

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Aug 2 09:51:20 PDT 2006

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> My guess this is related to the CM not the SM.
>
> I think there is a chance that the CM on node B does not treat the REQ
> sent by A after the reboot as "stale connection" situation and hence
> just **silently** dtop it, that is not REJ is sent.

I agree.  This sounds like an issue where the CM is treating the REQ as an old
REQ for the established connection, versus a REQ for a new connection.

The desired behavior in this situation would be to reject the new request, and
force the remote side to disconnect.

You can try initializing next_id in cm_alloc_id() (cm.c) to a random value and
see if that helps.  I will also try to reproduce the problem here.