[openib-general] RDMA_CM_EVENT_UNREACHABLE(-ETIMEDOUT)

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Aug 2 23:32:11 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:
> I agree.  This sounds like an issue where the CM is treating the REQ as
> an old REQ for the established connection, versus a REQ for a new
> connection.

> The desired behavior in this situation would be to reject the new
> request, and force the remote side to disconnect.
Sean,

Is it correct that with the gen2 code, the remote **CM** will reconnect
on that case?

I see in cm.c :: cm_rej_handler() that when the state is IB_CM_REQ_SENT
and the reject reason is IB_CM_REJ_STALE_CONN you just move the cm_id
into timewait state, which will cause a retry on the REQ, correct? cool!

Or.