[openib-general] [opensm] the default behavior of the openSM causes problems (configure the PKey table)

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Aug 14 05:17:35 PDT 2006

Hi Dotan,

On 14:36 Mon 14 Aug     , Dotan Barak wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I noticed that the behavior of the openSM was changed in the latest driver:
>
> in the past, every HCA was configured (by the FW) with 0xffff in the first entry.
> today, the PKey table is being configured by the openSM: the first entry
> is being set to 0x7fff (except for the host that the SM is being executed from)

This is OpenSM default behavior in the case where partition policy file
exists (/etc/osm-partitions.conf is default name), even if it is empty.

When the partition policy file does not exist default 0xffff pkey value
(full membership) should be inserted for all end-ports.

I am not able to reproduce the reported behavior with my setup. If you
are please describe your scenario. Thanks.

Sasha