[openib-general] A new version for srp daemon

Ishai Rabinovitz ishai at mellanox.co.il
Mon Aug 14 14:41:07 PDT 2006

Adding a subject

________________________________

From: Ishai Rabinovitz
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:32 AM
To: 'Roland Dreier'
Cc: 'openib-general at openib.org'; Tziporet Koren

Hi Roland,

In order to support High-Availability in OFED 1.1, we need more
functionality to the srp daemon.
Based on your code I implemented a new srp daemon (I listed its new
features below) .
I put the code in
https://openib.org/svn/trunk/contrib/mellanox/gen2/src/userspace/srptool
s/srp_daemon
and I'm in an initial testing stage (there are some known bugs).
Since I think that people may still want to use your original ibsrpdm, I
think we should keep your version and start a new tool from my code.
What do you think?

Ishai

========
The new tool main features:

    1) Register to Traps 64 and 144.
    2) Can ask ib_srp to connect to the targets it finds.
    3) Can check if the target is already connected by ib_srp from the
same port.
    4) Can perform rescan of the fabric every X seconds.
    5) Identify SA changes and other events and act accordingly.
    6) Can get an hca name and a port number as input (not only a umad
device).
    7) Uses the umad package.