[openib-general] A new version for srp daemon

Ishai Rabinovitz ishai at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 15 04:14:51 PDT 2006

 See Below

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Dreier [mailto:rdreier at cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:48 AM
To: Ishai Rabinovitz
Cc: openib-general at openib.org; Tziporet Koren
Subject: Re: A new version for srp daemon

 > I put the code in

https://openib.org/svn/trunk/contrib/mellanox/gen2/src/userspace/srptool
s/srp_daemon

Seems like a bizarre place for it -- a package inside of the srptools
package??

	[ishai] This is another tool for srp. I thought that we want to
put several tools in srptools directory.  I will put it in
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/userspace/srp_daemon

 >    7) Uses the umad package.

This seems like it adds a fairly complicated dependency (since umad
depends on something else, etc) for minimal gain.  Was it really worth
it in terms of your code?  I found the umad API more trouble than it was
worth for the original srptools.

	[ishai] You may be right, but this way I can gain from future
improvements in the umad package (I'm optimistic)

 - R.