[openib-general] DAPL and local_iov in RDMA RR/RW mode

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Tue Aug 15 11:02:53 PDT 2006

Ryszard Jurga wrote:

> Hi Arlin,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply. Both dat_ep_post_rdma_read nad
> dat_ep_post_rdma_write return DAT_SUCCESS. When I read a field
> 'transfered_length' from DAT_DTO_COMPLETION_EVENT_DATA after calling a
> post function I receive the correct value which equals
> num_segs*seg_size. Unfortunately, when I read a content of a local
> buffer, only first segment is filled by appropriete data. I have tried
> to set up debug switch (by export DAPL_DBG_TYPE=0xffff before running
> my application) but unfortunately this does not produce any additional
> output for post functions. Do you have any other ideas? I did not
> mention before, but the case with num_segments>1 works fine with a
> send/recv type of transmision.

You have to "configure --enable-debug" to get the debug information. You
may want to pick up the latest dapl/test/dtest/dtest.c and take a look
at the rdma write section for a simple multi-segment uDAPL example. I
recently made a few modifications to include multiple segments in the test.

You can also use dapltest to verify that RDMA with multple segments are
working properly. Look at cl.sh for example script and "dapltest -TT
--help" for usage.

-arlin