[openib-general] Ib question

john t johnt1johnt2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 02:36:53 PDT 2006

Hi,

In the example code there are things like:

attr.max_dest_rd_atomic = 1;
attr.min_rnr_timer = 12;

attr.ah_attr.is_global = 0;
attr.ah_attr.sl = 0;
attr.ah_attr.src_path_bits = 0;

attr.timeout = 14;
attr.retry_cnt = 7;
attr.rnr_retry = 7;

attr.max_rd_atomic = 1;

initattr.cap.max_recv_wr = 1; /* I guess this specifies the length of recv q
*/
initattr.cap.max_send_wr = tx_depth; /* I guess this specifies the length of
send q */

initattr.cap.max_inline_data = MAX_INLINE; /* 400 */
attr.pkey_index = 0;

What is the meaning of above fields or where can I find the definition of
above fields ? Can I change the value of fields like "timeout" or should it
be always set to a fixed value.

Like TCP I guess there would be a state transition diagram for IB (QP state
machine). Can someone point me to that?

In my application, I get an error message "IBV_WC_WR_FLUSH_ERR" and
sometimes "IBV_WC_RETRY_EXC_ERR"  while polling a CQ after posting some
write commands. What could be the reason for that ?

Also, can someone point me to a document where I can find the meaning of
different error status values (enum ibv_wc_status) returned by "ibv_poll_cq"

Regards,
John T