[openib-general] Ib question

keshetti mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Aug 18 04:07:54 PDT 2006

you can find all the  required information  in the IB spec.s

download the specification from  IBTA

john t <johnt1johnt2 at gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

 In the example code there are things like:

 attr.max_dest_rd_atomic = 1;
 attr.min_rnr_timer = 12;

 attr.ah_attr.is_global = 0;
 attr.ah_attr.sl = 0;
 attr.ah_attr.src_path_bits = 0;

 attr.timeout = 14;
 attr.retry_cnt = 7;
 attr.rnr_retry = 7;

 attr.max_rd_atomic = 1;

 initattr.cap.max_recv_wr = 1; /* I guess this specifies the length of recv q */
 initattr.cap.max_send_wr = tx_depth; /* I guess this specifies the length of send q */

 initattr.cap.max_inline_data = MAX_INLINE; /* 400 */
 attr.pkey_index = 0;

 What is the meaning of above fields or where can I find the definition of above fields ? Can I change the value of fields like "timeout" or should it be always set to a fixed value.

 Like TCP I guess there would be a state transition diagram for IB (QP state machine). Can someone point me to that?

 In my application, I get an error message "IBV_WC_WR_FLUSH_ERR" and sometimes "IBV_WC_RETRY_EXC_ERR"  while polling a CQ after posting some write commands. What could be the reason for that ?

 Also, can someone point me to a document where I can find the meaning of different error status values (enum ibv_wc_status) returned by "ibv_poll_cq"

 Regards,
 John T