[openib-general] libibcm can't open /dev/infiniband/ucm0

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Aug 22 08:47:11 PDT 2006

>https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Install+OpenIB+for+Chelsio+T
>3&highlight=udev

The udev information for this link looks correct.

>Or is there another way/description?

You can run mknod to manually create the file.  (See the README file in the
libibcm directory.)

>Additionally I didn't find the udev rules for the already exsisting
>/dev/infinibadn devices in the /etc/udev/udev.rules file.

Is there any chance these were created manually at some point?  What files are
in the directory?  (I would expect something like issm*, umad*, ucm*, uverbs*.)