[openib-general] basic IB doubt

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Thu Aug 24 15:35:09 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 03:28:44PM -0700, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> Yes, IMO, the iWarp folks and the IBTA should consider making this a
> requirement, but even if they do not the ISVs will still require it.

Ahah. So with all this head and light, we agree that it should be
added to the standard.

> That being said, if you can show the ISVs how they can implement
> their completion model faster using some other mechanism than
> what they do now, they would probably listen, as they are going to do
> what gives them the best performance, standard or not.

The other way to do it, faster on some HCAs, is to follow the
standard.  So, no showing needed. If MPI implementations implemented
this in addition to the other, non-standard way, and automagically
picked the right one, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

So, I think we're ending up in agreement. Feel free to disagree ;-)

-- greg