[openib-general] Interrupt Threshold Rate equivalent in Infiniband NIC

harish mvharish at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 14:46:23 PDT 2006

Hi,
The interruptThresholdRate module parameter allows you to control the
maximum number of interrupts/sec for an e1000 Intel NIC for example. Is
there an equivalent parameter for Infiniband NICs. I am using a Mellanox
Infiniband NIC. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Noticed from a simple netperf TCP_STREAM test that I get around 50-80K
interrupts/sec and my machine gets very unresponsive. Want to control the
maximum number of interrupts that are generated by the NIC. Quick look at
the code showed that there is a way you can use the notify* functions in the
driver to let ipoib module know when a certain number of packets are
received instead of notifying for every packet received. Is that something
in the lines of what will achieve my goal?
Any help/pointers are welcome.

Thanks
harish