[openib-general] Interrupt Threshold Rate equivalent in Infiniband NIC

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Aug 29 15:55:05 PDT 2006

    harish> Hi Roland, Thanks a lot for the prompt response. Could you
    harish> please let me know as to what is the expected time frame
    harish> for having NAPI for IPoIB implemented.  Also as regards to
    harish> the first question, would it make sense to play around
    harish> with the cq notification frequency. Will it help to reduce
    harish> the CPU utilization/ interrupt overhead?

I can't tell you when NAPI will be implemented, since I don't know if
anyone is working on it.

You could try playing around with the CQ notification frequency but if
you're going to hack the driver then I think it would be just as easy
to implement NAPI.  Anyway, give it a try and let us know your results.

Thanks,
  Roland