[openib-general] NFS/RDMA for Linux: client and server update release 7

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Fri Dec 1 18:00:30 PST 2006

At 06:12 PM 12/1/2006, Roland Dreier wrote:
>What is the status of moving this code towards merging to the upstream kernel?

For the client there are two main prerequisites, both in the RPC layer
and both in progress. One is the completion of the RPC transport switch
merge, mainly the ability to load as modules. The second is a new mount
syscall api, to allow transport-specific arguments to be passed in. We
have a temporary solution for that at the moment. When these two are
in place, the client is ready to consider merging.

The server actually doesn't have these dependencies, but it does need
to be updated to match the new code in 2.6.19 which raises the maximum
rpc payload size, and some additional hardening/improvements which we
found in code review. We're waiting to complete this work, which hopefully
will be this month.

Bottom line, we can put it on the table soon.

Tom.