[openib-general] version #defines for the kernel

Eric Barton eeb at bartonsoftware.com
Thu Dec 7 03:04:22 PST 2006

Hi,

I found out there has been a change in the kernel ib_fmr_pool_map_phys() to pass the
last parameter by address rather than value.   I can cope with either version
with by coding...

+#if IB_USER_VERBS_ABI_VERSION < 6
         fmr = ib_fmr_pool_map_phys(kiblnd_data.kib_fmrpool,
                                    tx->tx_pages, npages,
                                    &rd->rd_addr);
+#else
+        fmr = ib_fmr_pool_map_phys(kiblnd_data.kib_fmrpool,
+                                   tx->tx_pages, npages,
+                                   rd->rd_addr);
+#endif

...but is this the right thing to do?  It's the "USER" in
IB_USER_VERBS_ABI_VERSION that's making me nervous since this is kernel code.

Actually a single OFED version #define would most probably suit my purposes -
is that controversial?

--

                Cheers,
                        Eric